Farnham Angling Society got in touch with us this week, to highlight the importance of good hygiene while on the bank.
Very recently, they had an angler visit them for a guest session, who was lucky enough to bank a lovely little common around the low double mark. Unfortunately, the fish passed a hell of a lot of bait onto the mat, and some of this found its way into a small cut on the angler’s hand.
Fast forward to three days later, and the angler in question was rushed to hospital as he was slipping in and out of consciousness. The bacteria from the fish had caused his finger to breakout in septicaemia, which almost made him lose his finger! Thankfully he got to hospital just in time, and as a gesture of goodwill, FAS gave him a full membership free of charge.
This story highlights, you should always carry some personal anti-bacterial gel or spray with you when out on the bank. Otherwise, you could end up with some serious consequences.
Leave a Reply